Can your computer run The Sims 3?System Requirements Lab analyzes your computer in just seconds, and it's FREE.
|1) Search for a game|
|2) click "Can You Run It"|
The Sims 3
|CPU:||(XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]|
|CPU Speed:||(XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]|
|RAM:||(XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista/7) 1.5 GB RAM [If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM]|
|OS:||Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) or Windows 7|
|Video Card:||128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above / ATI Radeon 9500 or above / Intel GMA 3-series or above)|
|Free Disk Space:||6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games.|
Can I run Grand Theft Auto V, Dying Light, Battlefield Hardline, Assassin's Creed Rogue, Mortal Kombat X, H1Z1, Far Cry 4, Battlefield 4, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Sims 4, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, DayZ, League of Legends, FIFA 15 or Counter-Strike? Does my computer meet the minimum or recommended requirements for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim or Minecraft? Difficult questions. But evaluating whether or not your computer meets or exceeds hardware requirements is our specialty. Remembering your exact PC hardware specs is tough, deciphering the meaning of a PC game’s minimum requirements is challenging and combining those tasks together is almost impossible for mere mortals. But Can You RUN It does this millions of times every month. See for yourself, takes less than a minute.
- Get your complete report in seconds including upgrade suggestions for your computer.
- Only your system's hardware and system software are evaluated.
- No personally identifiable information is collected.
- Works on Windows XP, 2000, 2003, Vista, 7 and 8.
- Works with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- You will need to give your permission to download a secure ActiveX/Java browser component.
- You can easily uninstall the ActiveX/Java browser component when the analysis is complete.
How it works
This site provides a One-Click solution that looks at your computer's hardware and system software to determine whether or not your current system can run a product. Each of your computer's components is evaluated to see how well it meets the minimum and recommended requirements for specific products. Recommendations are made on how to update or upgrade each component which does not meet the listed requirements. Sometimes, a simple, free software download is all that is needed. Sometimes you'll find that you need a different video card to fully experience what the game has to offer.
For more information, see our FAQ
This patent-pending technology is called "Instant Expert Analysis" and it is provided by System Requirements Lab.
This is the easiest option. It requires Java.
This is the easiest option. It requires Java but it appears your installed version is not compatible. Download the latest Java here or use the Desktop App below.
Download a simple and safe application. This option does not require Java.
Review the game's requirements yourself without using our detection tools.
Before System Requirements Lab can analyze this computer you need to give your permission to download a Java Plug-in component called SRLApplet or System Requirements Lab from Husdawg, LLC.
If detection takes longer than 1 minute there may be a problem. Please check our Troubleshooting page for other options.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TOOL
- It can only be downloaded with your permission.
- No personal information is collected by automated detection.
- Easy and fast to download and run.
- Easily removed after analysis performed.
- If you are behind a firewall, you may not have permission to download browser components.
- Your browser's security settings must allow you to install Java Plug-in components.
- Java is required
- The tool is not Spyware or Adware.